Triptime Insurance Highlights
You’ve made your airline reservations, you’ve selected your hotel, you’ve put your dog in the kennel, and you’ve forwarded the mail. Your international trip is just around the corner. Now it’s time to consider the risks you will face during your journey and select an insurance plan that meets your needs. It’s simple. It’s Triptime®.
SERVICE the PCU® Way
Point Comfort Underwriters® (PCU) is pleased to provide state of the art services to all Triptime® travelers. With over 100 years of combined experience, our dedicated staff, located in the international insurance center of Indianapolis, Indiana, is ready to serve you any time, day or night.
But, we also understand that you may prefer the convenience of self-service. That’s why we empower all Triptime® customers through my.PointComfort.com, a personal travel insurance portal, where most routine service needs can be handled.
While we hope your trip is safe and productive, we know that bad things can happen to good people. PCU’s emergency assistance personnel are among the most experienced in the international insurance industry at coordinating emergency medical services and international treatment. We process claims from all over the world, in any language or currency.
Triptime® is available to individuals who are at least 14 days old. There is no upper age limit, however maximum coverage limits are reduced at age 70 and again at age 80.
Application and Purchase
Application and purchase of Triptime® is easy. Select a plan from among our three most popular options – AnyTime, OverTime, PrimeTime or select Build Your Own Plan, and obtain an instant quote. Then simply click the “Let’s Travel” button to be taken to the Triptime® Application where you enter your personal data and travel details. PCU accepts PayPal, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Once you have completed the transaction you will be directed to my.PointComfort.com, where you can access and download your Certificate and Identification Card. US citizens can purchase up to 180 days of coverage. Non-US citizens can purchase up to 365 days of coverage.
Effective Date and Termination Date
The Effective Date of coverage for your trip is the later of: a) the date you request; or b) the date you depart your Home Country.
The Termination Date of coverage for your trip is the earlier of: a) the date you request, b) the date you return to your Home Country, or c) midnight on the last day of fully paid premium. All travel insurance days must be used consecutively.
If you cancel your Certificate after the Effective Date of coverage and have filed no claims, premiums attributable to the unused days will be refunded, after deduction of an administration fee of $50. If you have filed claims, no refund will be made.
Incidental Trip Home
If you are a US citizen and you take a trip of 60 days or more, your Medical Benefits remain in effect during the first 14 days of an Incidental Trip to your Home Country.
If you are not a US citizen all coverage terminates upon return to your Home Country.
If you are a US citizen and are treated for a covered Illness or Injury while abroad, Medical Benefits remain in effect for that condition for up to 180 days, subject to a maximum of $5,000. This limit is waived if PCU evacuates you to your Home Country for a covered Injury or Illness.
If you are not a US citizen all coverage terminates upon return to your Home Country.
Adventure and Extreme Travel
Adventure pursuits and extreme sports make up the fastest growing segment of international travel. Each year more travelers engage in these activities while abroad. A high percentage of these travelers were not properly insured for the risks they took.
Large Group Coverage and Services
PCU has the ability to cover your large international groups, 25 or more travelers. Select from the same benefit categories as our individual plans to customize the group coverage that matches your itinerary and destination risks. Contact Us or easy enrollment tools.
Triptime® Insurance – Popular Plans
PCU knows that buying travel insurance can be confusing, but not with Triptime® packaged plans.
We have combined our most popular benefits and limits to give you a choice of three plans. A comparison of the three plans can be found below. To obtain a quote, simply provide us with your citizenship, travel dates and age. Then select a package that fits your needs. Our system will automatically calculate the total insurance cost for your trip. Then click the “Let’s Travel” button to proceed to the Triptime®, mobile-friendly, application. The information you have already entered will automatically populate the same fields on the application. All insurance documents will be sent to the email address you entered, and are also available online at my.PointComfort.com
Triptime® - Build Your Own Plan
Select from a multitude of coverage options, deductibles, and maximum limits to craft the perfect plan for your next trip.
- Medical Benefits are included in every Triptime® Insurance plan, including coverage for inpatient and outpatient services, labs, x-rays, prescription drugs and more.
- Transportation Benefits include coverage for emergency medical evacuation, reunion, trip interruption, repatriation services and more.
- Adventure Benefits include Medical and Transportation benefits while participating in extreme sports or adventure activities named in the Certificate.
- Other Benefits include Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Crisis Management, Hospital Indemnity coverage and more.
(The following information includes a summary of certain provisions of Triptime® Insurance. You should always review your Certificate for a complete description of all terms and conditions. A sample Certificate can be accessed here.)
Triptime® Popular Plans
Select the plan that fits your needs...
Popular Plan Options
|Medical Benefits & Limits||AnyTime||OverTime||PrimeTime|
|Inpatient Hospital Stays||✔||✔||✔|
|Labs, X-rays & Prescription Drugs||✔||✔||✔|
|Transportation Benefits & Limits|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation - $500,000||✔||✔||✔|
|Emergency Reunion - $50,000||✔||✔||✔|
|Repatriation - $50,000||✔||✔||✔|
|Return of Minor Child(ren) - $5,000||✔||✔||✔|
|Trip Interruption - $5,000||✔||✔||✔|
|Adventure Benefits & Limits||No Coverage||No Coverage||$50,000 to age 49
$25,000 50 to 59
$10,000 60 to 59
|AD&D Benefits & Limits|
The following is a partial list of expenses that are not covered under Triptime® insurance. Other conditions and restrictions may apply to your claim. You should review your Certificate for a complete list of exclusions and all terms, conditions, provisions and restrictions.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from or occurring during the commission of a violation of law by the Insured Person, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from or occurring during the Insured Person's direct or indirect involvement in any war, Act of Terrorism, strike, riot or civil commotion or while the Insured Person is a member of any military or para-military.
- Charges of any nature which are not presented to Underwriters for payment within sixty (60) days of the date the charge is incurred.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from self-inflicted Injury or Illness and/or suicide or attempted suicide whether sane or insane.
- Benefits for services incurred more than thirty (30) days following the date of onset of Illness or date of Injury unless charges incurred for treatment of the Illness or Injury are incurred within thirty (30) days following the date of onset of Illness or date of Injury.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from operating or riding as a passenger in any on-road or off-road motorized vehicle that does not require licensing as a motor vehicle.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from an Insured Person's operation of a motor vehicle without possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, except while participating in driver’s education program.
- Benefits of any nature resulting from riding in or on, entering into or alighting from, or being struck by a 2 or 3-wheeled motor vehicle, or any motor vehicle not designed primarily for use on public streets and highways.
- Benefits of any nature sustained while under the influence of or due wholly or partly to the effects of intoxicating liquor or voluntary use of any drug, narcotic or controlled substance, unless prescribed by a Physician.
- Pre-existing Conditions, except for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition suffered by a US citizen.
- Diagnosis or treatment of all forms of cancer / neoplasm.
- All charges related to Pregnancy, including but not limited to pre-natal care, Delivery, and post-natal care, and care of Newborns
- Treatment related to birth defects and congenital Illness. Birth defects are deemed to include hereditary conditions.
- Any drug, treatment or procedure that either promotes or prevents conception including but not limited to: artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal of sterilization.
- Any drug, treatment or procedure that either promotes, enhances or corrects impotency or sexual dysfunction.
- Abortions, except to save the life of the mother.
- All expenses of any cryogenic preservation and implantation or re-implantation of living cells.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Treatment for acne, moles, skin tags, diseases of sebaceous glands, seborrhea, sebaceous cyst, unspecified disease of sebaceous glands, hypertrophic and atrophic conditions of skin.
- The following care, treatment or supplies for the feet: orthopedic shoes, orthopedic prescription devices to be attached to or placed in shoes, treatment of weak, strained, flat, unstable or unbalanced feet, metatarsalgia or bunions, and treatment of corns, calluses or toenails.
- Charges for treatment of Mental Health Disorders.
- Dental Treatment, except for Dental Treatment necessary to restore sound natural teeth lost or damaged in a covered Accident or Dental Treatment necessary to resolve Acute Onset of Dental Pain, subject to a maximum of $100 per Insured Person per Certificate Period.
- All Medical and Transportation Benefits are excluded, unless the Insured Person has purchased Adventure Coverage, with respect to Accidents occurring while the Insured Person is participating in any of the following:
- Contact Sports, intercollegiate, interscholastic, intramural, and club Amateur Athletics and Professional Sports. Non-contact and non- organized/non-sanctioned Amateur Athletics or athletic activities engaged in solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness purposes are not excluded unless they are excluded by (b) through (c) of this provision; and
- Any one or combination of the following: Abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating (with helmets and pads), jet skiing, zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering (ropes and guides to 4,500 meters), scuba diving (to 50 meters), skydiving, snowboarding, snow mobiling, snow skiing, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V), wildlife safaris, windsurfing; and
- Any other sport or activity which is undertaken for thrill seeking and exposes the individual to abnormal risk of Injury.
- Weight modification or Surgical treatment of obesity, including but not limited to wiring of the teeth and all forms of intestinal bypass Surgery.
- Modifications of the physical body intended to improve psychological, mental or emotional well-being, including but not limited to sex-change Surgery.
- Corrective devices and medical appliances, including eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, hearing implants, dentures or dental appliances and any examination or fitting related to these devices.
- Orthoptics, visual eye training and eye Surgery, such as radial keratotomy, when the primary purpose is to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism.
- Treatment of the temporomandibular joint.
- Diagnosis or treatment of venereal disease, including all Sexually Transmitted Diseases and conditions.
- Routine Physical Exams and treatment, including but not limited to vaccinations, immunizations, annual check-ups, the issue of medical certificates and attestations, and examinations as to the suitability of employment or travel.
- Treatment by a chiropractor.
- Medical treatment for Substance Abuse or addictions or conditions that may be attributed to Substance Abuse or addictions and direct consequences thereof.
- Treatment of Insured Persons who are HIV+, have AIDS or ARC, and all diseases caused by and/or related to HIV.
- Treatment, services or supplies provided at no cost to the AIDS and any treatment, services or supplies performed or provided by a Relative of the Insured Person or any person who ordinarily resides with the Insured Person.
- Telephone consultations or failure to keep a scheduled appointment.
- Charges incurred while confined primarily to receive Custodial Care, Educational or Rehabilitative Care, or any medical treatment in any establishment for the care of the aged.
- Surgeries, treatments, services or supplies for cosmetic or aesthetic reasons, except for reconstructive Surgery when such Surgery is directly related to and follows Surgery which was covered hereunder.
- Speech, vocational, occupational, biofeedback, acupuncture, recreational, sleep or music therapy, holistic care of any nature, massage and kinestherapy.
- Services, supplies, or treatment for hair loss including wigs, hair transplants or any drug that promises hair growth, whether or not prescribed by a Physician.
- Exercise programs, whether or not prescribed or recommended by a Physician.
- Charges which exceed the Usual, Reasonable and Customary charge for the service or supply provided.
- Charges for any supply or service that is not Medically Necessary.
- All Transportation Benefits not approved or arranged in advance by Underwriters.
- Additional Exclusions Applicable to Crisis Management Benefits:
- In respect of Wrongful Detention , any actual or alleged violation of the laws of the Host Country or a failure to maintain and possess duly authorized and issued required documents and visas, unless Underwriters determine that such allegations were intentionally false, fraudulent, and malicious and made solely to achieve a political propaganda or coercive effect upon or at the expense of the Insured Person.
- Any Kidnapping of an Insured Person by a Relative or as a result of a domestic dispute.
- An Insured Person who has had Kidnap insurance cancelled or declined in the past.
- Any Kidnapping of an Insured Person who has been Kidnapped in the past.
- Any Kidnapping , Blackmail or Extortion of an Insured Person within their Home Country.
- The payment of any Ransom.
- Loss or destruction of or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss.